Thursday, October 8, 2009

In The Beginning Was....The Word, Creator, Jehovah, Advocate, The Only Begotten of the Father, The Mediator, The Lamb, Savior, Redeember, Jesus Christ

2 Nephi 25:26 (pg. 100 in the Book of Mormon)
And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.

Assignment: Learn at least 10 names that Jesus is known by. (Start on page 240 of the Topical Guide in your LDS edition of the Scriptures...before the map section.) Does one mean more to you than another? Keep a personal study journal....measure your spiritual growth and scripture knowledge beginning today.
PS. This has not been a favorite picture of the Savior for me but....the more I look at it I love it! He seems so bland and smudgy....but then those eyes! WOW!

4 comments:

  1. I love this, it is a great idea! Wonderful way to start the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the difference between Advocate and Mediator?

    When is Christ our Advocate?
    When is He our Mediator?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I thought that an advocate and a mediator were basically the same thing. So I looked up the definitions. One slight difference that I saw was that advocate could also mean to recommend something. I think that commandments are Christs way of advocating to us the way that we can return to heaven.
    A mediator is a type of link between two people. I think that He is our Mediator when we don't keep the commandments and have to repent. Because Christ suffered the atonement he acts as that link between us and Heavenly Father. He pleads our case and so through Him and His atonement we are able to return to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picture an Advocate standing before a Judge argueing on my behalf. Recommending me...you might say.

    I picture a Mediator standing between my opponent and myself. The Mediator works out an agreement in which both parties are satisfied.

    It's fascinating...the differing views. So many layers to discover!

    ReplyDelete